Sunday 4 June 2006

Pollak valve wired up and control switch installed...

I didn't get around to the plumbing this w/e but I've installed the wiring for the Pollak valve and the On/On control switch is mounted on the dash. To install the switch, I drilled through one of the switch panel blanks.

I've taken the power for the Pollak from the rear window demister as it operates only on auxiliary.

I encountered a problem with the valve operation. The problem was that I only had +12V to one terminal on the Pollak valve. Flicking the switch resulted in no voltage to the other terminal, so the solenoid did not operate back and forth as it should.

Thanks to Tony in West Oz, the problem was identified. I had omitted to bridge the diagonal terminals on the 2-Position, Double Pole Double Throw, On/On switch :( What a klutz I am!

3 comments:

veggiemania said...

can you please post pics, diagram and instructions on how you connected power source from rear window demister to pollack. i dont think mine works ( demister) where can i find its power source. where do you pass wiring to pollack thansk

oztayls said...

Hi, just pull out the demister switch The power is attached :)

diesel fuel pump said...

Fantastic blog! I actually love how it's simple on my eyes as well as the data is well written. I am wondering how I may be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which really should do the trick! Have a nice day!

diesel fuel pump